Monday, September 26, 2016

"I felt the ground shaking beneath my feet, and the shaking was visible in my work." George Grosz

I am excited to follow an idea for a main project that will take the rest of the semester to accomplish, even then working overtime due to getting a late start. But upon talking about it with Davide, he supported this idea and believes it has a lot of potential to pursue it. 

Much of what I started to work on when I finally got some sort of studio put together was not working.  I had to figure stuff out. 

These are pieces that will work into the overall plan, which is scribbled out in my sketchbook and pictured below.



Some elements of this



With something from here



Plan scribbled out here
  

During the Mentor meet some terrific things happened while discussing the project and Davide helped me see successes in previous work I had thought were disaster. Themes and elements of work from all semesters, to include experience as soldier and tattooer started to converge and connections were made.  There will be documentation of the progress, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment